The Company: Rubix Agency
We created Rubix because we wanted something different than what traditional agencies offered. We are a group of individuals worldwide solving performance marketing problems. Our clients are some of the fastest-growing and most successful e-commerce businesses, and if they’re not yet, it’s our goal to get them there.
Rubix has assembled individuals with experience building in-house marketing teams and working at full-service agencies. Our backgrounds give us the know-how to help clients navigate and scale in today’s competitive performance marketing landscape. Some of the challenges are marketing-based, while others revolve around improving UI/UX or design issues. Our blended business model consists of wholly-owned in-house brands and software products, plus agency services that combine to work as one functional and multi-faceted team.
Developing culture as a fully remote agency is difficult, but with active Slack-channels, weekly trivia stand-ups and shared Spotify playlists, we’re making it happen. We are looking for marketing-minded entrepreneurs and individuals who crave something different but want to be a part of something incredible.
At Rubix, we work hard to build systems and processes that make us one part agency and one part incubator. Here, creative means anything from robust data analysis to asset ideation through guidance on creative that will live on multiple channels.
If you feel like the word creative too often is applied to artists and not often enough to individuals with skills like yours, then you’re in the right place.
The Position: Rubix Project Management Officer
The Rubix Project Management Officer (PMO) will be responsible for the organization and guidance of marketing projects and processes across all departments. The PMO role is new and will be the first hire of a new department (Project Management Office) at Rubix. You will be a trusted part of the leadership team that is steering the organization through a period of change and growth. This is a unique opportunity to have a first hand view to the organization and should be able to clearly express it and formulate ideas and influence solutions at all levels - particularly around change management, growth strategies, operations and process.
This role will require focus, organization, and confidence, which should translate into a leader within the company that earns respect. You should be able to build relationships and collaborate with and draw on the expertise of Rubix Agency’s diverse resources. You will meticulously work with all department leaders and individual contributors, with the goal of defining and owning processes and managing a team of project managers. The goal is to keep the internal team aligned, streamlining process and management, of all work streams supporting our client facing teams so they efficiently deliver industry-leading results.
- 5 - 7 years of related, industry experience managing “the making” or delivery of great work in the digital marketing D2C Space
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and confident in a fast-paced and remote work environment
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and projects at the same time; meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time - experience in managing team workflows in project management tools like Asana, Jira, or Clickup
- An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency’s process as it relates to the client’s business and a business growth mindset
- Leadership mentality, owning and encouraging strong internal relationships
- Accountability and calm, confident presence. Must be able to listen, learn, and add value
- Applies the company’s ideals to all decision-making business approaches. You must be positive, a proactive team-player, and have a go get ’em attitude
- Large company marketing lead brand experience or Agency experience beneficial
This role requires the ideal applicant to:
- Manage projects and implement and continually refine processes to ensure proper resourcing for efficiency, and transparency of all work items.
- Manage and evaluate RFP requests (incoming agency leads), including the development of response plans and ensure the project objectives are clear and achievable.
- Project manage the creative pitch process for the agency. Develop RFP timeline, facilitate briefings, brainstorms and reviews, ensuring on-time delivery for pitch meetings.
- Manage the transition of sold pitches into our post-sale workflow, ensuring a quick and clear transmission of information to the project team.
- Maintain knowledge of and robust documentation and reporting of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing using our Project Management tool Clickup
- Monitor overall agency resourcing, identifying potential instances of over and underutilization and actively work with team managers to address and solve those issues.
- Partner with Management Team to construct operations toolset including resource tracking and management, time tracking, utilization and capacity reports, and operations dashboards.
- Develop agency resource allocation and utilization reports and run weekly resource meetings.
- Maintain current and accurate view of team assignments, time allocation and overall project status and manage any required changes/adjustments needed.
- Maintain a diverse pool of freelance talent at all levels, keeping track of skill sets, rates, contact info and projects
- Lead a team of Project Managers (internal facing) that partners closely with Account Managers (Client facing) to ensure transparency of all projects and ensures high quality and efficient delivery of all projects.
Rubix is split into 8 departments:
- Performance Marketing: Manages the paid digital spend for all projects/clients.
- Design: From onsite UX and visual design, high fidelity email design and high-performance social assets, our design team can do it all.
- Account Strategy and Management: From client management to affiliate and influencer marketing to direct mail, this team is very diverse and key to its success. This role will fall into and support this team very heavily.
- SEO & Content: Search engine optimization and content marketing.
- Data Science: Reports all data in all channels. Our capable data scientists deliver accurate, timely information for every client and every channel. They strive to find new and engaging ways to devise actionable insights into all aspects of marketing spend and analysis.
- Finance: Counts the beans and keeps us in compliance.
- Project Management Office - This is a net new department that will define and refine processes, creating efficient cross department management and contribution to all work streams across the organization. It will promote transparency of work and utilization of resources. It will be headed by a Project Management Officer (you) and will have a team of project managers as direct reports.
Our Work Tooling Tech
Google Suite, Lastpass, ClickUp, Slack, and Zoom.